By Laura Lake, About.com Guide
In a training that I was conducting this week I was asked how you can setup an event from your Facebook Fan Page, rather than your personal profile. As I begin to show the process I noticed that Facebook has changed the location of this feature. Don't worry it's still there, but it's in a different place.
You no longer go to "See All Events" where there was an option to add a new event, but rather with the recent changes you must select the Edit Page feature - I really don't know how that makes sense, but it's just how it is.
I realized that since I wasn't the only one struggling with this issue, perhaps more were looking for where this feature had been hidden in the last Facebook update, so hopefully this will help.
Here are the steps to creating an event via your Facebook Fan Page, rather than your personal profile.
- Step 1. Go to your Facebook Fan Page
- Step 2. Click Edit Page (It's right under your Fan Page Avatar)
- Step 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the "Event" option.
- Step 4. Click Edit
- Step 5. Enter the Details of Your Event
- Step 6. Once you've completed the details to your event you can select to publish.
- Step 7. After you publish it will appear on your Fan Page Wall.
- Step 8. Final step is to invite you friends to participate.
Facebook events is a great way to promote both physical and virtual events that are presented by your business. It's a fantastic marketing tool. Just consider the following benefits:
- Facebook Events feature allows you to promote any event or milestone.
- Your Event doesn't have to be physical - it can also be virtual - "launch of a new website" - etc.
- When you create a Facebook Event you will get a full page featuring your event.
- You can invite your friends to your event, ask the them to invite their friends and even collect RSVPs.
- Facebook events are also indexed by search engines which is an added bonus.
What kind of events can you promote?
- Local live events
- Book signings
- Virtual events
- Product launches
- New store openings
- Nonprofit events
- Fashion Events
The best thing about Facebook events is they are free to setup and yet offer extraordinary benefits to getting the word out about your event.
- How to Add an Invitation to an Email in Gmail - About Email
- Add Your Blog to Facebook - How to Add Your Blog to Your Facebook Profile i...
- Facebook Fan Page - How to Create a Fan Page on Facebook - Create a Faceboo...
- Facebook for Businesses – Using Facebook to Promote Your Graphic Desi...
- Top Catering Considerations When Planning a Catering Menu - Catering Menu P...